Monday, January 2, 2012

To Boldly Go...

Star Trek was one of the significant threads in my cultural fabric, but I am ashamed to say that I have seen fewer episodes than the ones I have never seen!  This definitely needs to be corrected before EOTW.

Bucket Mission: Video

Synopsis

Watch as much of the Star Trek video opus as possible in relative order. I will take this to mean the six major television series and the ten feature films before the 2009 reboot (which I have seen -- more than once).  Since I have Netflix and it provides pretty much all of this content, unless I state otherwise Netflix is what I am watching.

Metric

I will count up the hours watched.  Episodes are one hour each, except The Animated Series, which are half hour.  I will count films as 2 hours each.

The Original Series: 80 hours
The Animated Series: 11 hours (22 episodes)
The Next Generation: 176 hours
Deep Space 9: 173 hours
Voyager: 170 hours
Enterprise: 98 hours
10 films: 20 hours
TOTAL: 728 hours or about 2 hours/day to complete this mission during TLY.  Time to get watching!



Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Jan. 1, 355 days remaining

The Cage (Pike's peak)
The Man Trap (looks are deceiving)
Charlie X (boy meets girl, and goes bonkers)

Video Mission Update: 3 / 728 hours = 0.4% 

No comments:

Post a Comment