Monday, January 23, 2012

Enter the Dragon

In celebration of the Lunar New Year FTVLT, I decided to create a Chinese name for myself.  With the help of this online tool, I generated the name Meng Tian-han.  Meng is the same surname of Meng Tzu, 'Tian' means sky/heaven/celestial, and 'Han' in this sense means 'writing.'  Hope you find my writing heavenly ;-)

Here are the Chinese characters for Meng Tian-han.  I'm looking for comments from my Chinese friends about whether I have chosen my appellation well!



I learned from a Chinese colleague today that because of the Dragon year there will be a bit of a baby boom during this sign.  (My protestations about EOTW notwithstanding...)  Well, I for one think it somehow fitting that we will all go out in the year of the Dragon!


Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Jan. 23, 333 days remaining

The Devil in the Dark  (Spock mind-melds with a rock creature.)
Errand of Mercy  (Enter the Klingons.  Features Baltar of Battlestar Galactica.)

Video Mission Update: 27 / 728 hours = 3.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment