Sunday, January 15, 2012

Catch-up

Sitting here with a Heineken and a bowl of Angelica's rajebi (ramyun + sujebi) and watching the Giants and Packers duke it out.  Except for the Patriots blowout last night, all the games this weekend have been pretty close and eminently watchable.  Yesterday's Saints at 49ers game was an instant classic.

I also donned my oven mitts and attempted some baking with whole wheat flour; produced a banana bread and some biscotti with hazelnuts.

Playoff football, spicy food with beer, baked goods, outside temperature at 14 degrees F. -- what better backdrop to catch up on this last week of missed blog entries?

(Thursday, 1/12)

One of the cool things about my employer of two months is their cafeteria system, which offers good food at subsidized prices.  Suffice it to say that during TLY I will be well-fed, and I hope that counts for something, even if it means my Health mission is at risk!  I finally tried my cafeteria's homemade pizza (sausage and caramelized onions) and found it to be to be crispy and delicious, definitely not FTVLT.

(Tuesday, 1/10)

I've been a Redbox user for a few years now, and I like the iPhone app to locate the closest kiosk carrying a desired title.  I finally tried online reservation of DVDs, and watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Super 8.  Starting to fall behind on my Star Trek mission, though...

(Monday, 1/9)

Found a cool site for the New Year where they offer free coding lessons.  I played around on the site a bit and earned a "FizzBuzz" medal.  Signed up for email notifications when Python lessons become available.

(Sunday, 1/8)

Went running in the clear but 40 degree weather and found that I need a pair of gloves.  So afterwards I warmed up with a McDonald's Peppermint Mocha, which didn't really do it for me, and I ordered a pair of Reebok fleece gloves.  I think I have all the other pieces to get some outdoor running in over the next weeks.  Mostly I'll be indoors on the treadmill, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment