Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good Eats

Ahhh, is there anything that I'm going to miss more than all the tantalizing foods out there?  There are a gazillion restaurants I have not even tried, and even at the ones I have tried there are a plentiful menu entries that remain undiscovered.  (And some might argue that tonight's dinner, Applebee's Provolone-stuffed Meatballs, should have remained undiscovered.)

This whole blog could be about food, but I'll settle for making a finite Bucket Mission instead.  Keep in mind that there will be plenty of mentions of other "off-list" restaurants and foods over the course of TLY, but only these will be tallied up...


Bucket Mission: Food

Synopsis

You already know that trying out food is something I look forward to, but there is much that I haven't tasted!  Complete a list of 20 restaurants that I have not tried before.  Write a brief account of each experience.

Now, some of these places will require a bit of travel, and some have branches in the area.  Most folks should be familiar with most of the names on the list, as they are all franchises.

  • Chicken: Bojangles, Church's
  • Burger: White Castle, Red Robin
  • Mexican: Baja Fresh, Taco John's
  • Sandwich: Jimmy John's, Jason's Deli
  • Pizza: Cici's, Godfather's
  • Buffet: Golden Corral, Old Country Buffet
  • Seafood: Bonefish Grill, Joe's Crab Shack
  • Italian: Maggiano's Little Italy, Fazoli's
  • Asian: Pei Wei's, Benihana
  • Ice Cream+: Culver's, Braum's


Metric

Simple:  cross each restaurant off the list when I try it.  I need to walk into the establishment and sit down to eat.

In fact, I kicked this list off on Saturday January 7, when Marcie and my parents joined me to visit Golden Corral in Springfield.  My general advice is not to go there at 4PM on a Saturday, because that's when everyone seems to go.  However, from a food perspective, give this place a try.  They do have some standouts on the buffet line.  And Marcie trying out the "Chocolate Wonderfall" was worth the trip.  :-)


Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Jan. 29, 327 days remaining

The City on the Edge of Forever  (Edith Keeler must die...)
Operation - Annihilate!  (If I could have guessed "bright light," Spock should have been able to get it :) )
Amok Time  (Season 2 begins with Spock's mating ceremony)
Who Mourns for Adonais?  (Lonely Greek god)
The Changeling  (Nomad = V'ger Lite)

Video Mission Update: 33 / 728 hours = 4.5%




Food Mission Update: 1 / 20 restaurants = 5%

No comments:

Post a Comment