Monday, July 2, 2012

A Joyous Occasion


6/29

My cousin tied the knot with his lovely bride at the Second Congregational Church of Palmer.  Reception followed on the picturesque grounds of Salem Cross Inn with sumptuous prime rib...  great to have a chance to see this place one more time before our time is up!

6/30

I finish up the first half of 2012 with a viewing of the animated film 9, which is set in a post-apocalyptic world without surviving humans.  That is another wrinkle in this whole EOTW business; perhaps it just means the end of the world for humans, while the rest of the Earth will go on without us.  Yes, a distinct possiblilty.

Recommended additional viewing: Life after People, a series which doesn't discuss how humans disappear, rather what happens to all of our creations in the wake of our sudden and total disappearance.

I begin the second half of the year with a food challenge worthy of grill season... I must eat one burger each day for the month of July.  As much as possible, try burgers from different establishments or different styles.  Yeah, not a challenge worthy of "Man vs. Food", but I can assure you that this is something I have never attempted before, nor would I try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment