Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Family 4th

I had entertained the notion of going somewhere interesting and special for the final Fourth of July this year, but when you get right down to it, isn't a great to spend America's birthday with your family?

7/3

At lunch today some colleagues and I tried out Ted's Montana Grill, where they specialize in both beef and buffalo. I think we all tried buffalo burgers and they really live up to the expectations.  Don't ask me if I ever plan to spend $16 on a burger again, though.

Naturally, our lunchtime conversation centered around buffalo and one guy brought up the Simpsons episode where they take a trip across the country chasing and killing all the buffalo along the way. So I thought for sure that I needed to find that episode on Netflix tonight, only problem is that the Simpsons are not on Netflix. I must be going crazy because I thought for certain the Simpsons were available, but it must have been a case of confusing it with another animated series...

Anyway, it turns out in the middle of the afternoon I made the decision to take Marcie that evening to see the fireworks program at the Old Sturbridge Village with her cousin and aunt and grandmother. Well worth it!

7/4

The Fourth of July started off with some rain showers, but turned into a great day. Marcie and I headed back to the grandparents' house for a little grilling and water games. I supplied onion soup marinated burgers with baby Swiss cheese, a combo I really like...

That evening, I embarked upon an editorial project involving a family member, and that's probably all I'm allowed to say about it in this blog! I'm pretty late getting started on the project, and I hope to have it wrapped up before this month's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment