Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Surviving Doomsday

Last night I had a chance to watch a few hours of National Geographic Channel's Doomsday Preppers, and I have just one thing to say: stop spreading misinformation that EOTW will be survivable!  :-)

Actually, many of the survivalist skills depicted on that program are simply good skills to learn, apocalypse or no apocalypse, so in reality I say:  more power to 'em.

As for me, on December 21, I'll probably drive somewhere with a nice view of the "fireworks," so to speak, and recline back with a Twinkie in one hand and a beer in the other.  I'll watch the sky burning through my panoramic sunroof, set to a little R.E.M.  Oh yeah, the beer will be cooled down by this $10 beverage cooler/warmer that I opened up today.

Speaking of Twinkies, it's fun to see how they are emblematic of non-perishable foods to have on hand post-apocalypse.  So says my Doomsday calendar on February 9 (I peeked), and so says Chevy:



P.S.  Sudden restaurant closing.  One branch of this place was just down the road from me.  They say that bankruptcy is the reason, but I think there's a doomsday conspiracy afoot...


Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Feb. 8, 317 days remaining

Catspaw  (Every series has to have a Halloween episode.)

Video Mission Update: 37 / 728 hours = 5.1%

No comments:

Post a Comment