Monday, February 20, 2012

Da Boom

(February 17)

I'm not a follower of the animated series The Family Guy, but I do confess to own their parody trilogy of Star Wars!  I discovered they had an apocalypse parody episode, "Da Boom," and watched it through Netflix.  That was fun; I'll have to track down apocalypse episodes in other TV series...

I will simply direct you to the Wikipedia entry for a full summary, but suffice it to say it was a great episode.  A nuclear holocaust occurs at Y2K (remember when we were all hysterical about that date?)  The Griffin family find themselves quickly without food, thanks to Peter, and set off in search of a legendary Twinkies factory.  (Local flavor: the factory is in Natick.)

The episode also featured the very first appearance of Ernie the giant chicken as well as a surprise live-action ending sequence.  Stewie gets mutated and Randy Newman makes an annoying appearance.  Don't miss this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment