Saturday, February 18, 2012

Politics and Money

(February 11)

At some point this evening while driving around, I learned from the radio of Whitney Houston's passing and also discovered a Michael Smerconish talk show.  The discourse on the program interested me and later on I found articles online that suggest that he is very much like me politically:  a right-leaning independent.

(February 12)

In the personal finance arena, I have received a cell phone from my company, and now I am in the process of turning my older phone into a reseller for cash.  After a bit of research, I'm going with this company, Totem.

(February 13)

I began my next book, Endgame, which describes a global debt "supercycle" that is coming into the last act, the endgame, with not pretty consequences for many nations.  Basically, our choices at this point are between very bad and disastrous.  This sort of book scares me more than any Stephen King novel ever did.  While we're on the subject, a must-see film is I.O.U.S.A.



Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Feb. 11, 314 days remaining

Friday's Child  (Bones is a Daddy!)
The Deadly Years  (Kirk is senile.)

Video Mission Update: 42 / 728 hours = 5.8%

Made a credit card payment!

Debt Mission Update: 2 / 11 payments = 18%

No comments:

Post a Comment