Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Google House Rules

(February 23)

Sometimes over lunch when we're shooting the breeze, the topic of Google's domination comes up.  This is usually in the form of the "evil" corporation that owns all the data.  Then I put my phone down and quip, "what did I miss?  I was checking my Gmail."  Anyway, it really is very funny, since we work for the company that wants to own all of the hardware that stores all that data  :-)

I've sold my digital soul to Google several times over.  Gmail, Google Voice, this blog (Blogger), and as of tonight, I've entered all my contacts into Google Contacts to sync them with my new iPhone.  That's right, if you're reading this and you suspect that I have your number, your data is with Google now.  And that's just the way this planet works now, so get over it.  Ten more Googlicious months to go.



Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Feb. 23, 302 days remaining


By Any Other Name  (A spacecraftjacking by the Andromedans.  Ahhh... Kelinda.)
The Omega Glory  (The Red Menace, Prime Directive-style)
The Ultimate Computer  (Blacula vs. Kirk)
Bread and Circuses  (Gladiators)
Assignment: Earth  (Seven, Gary Seven.  This would have been a fun spinoff.)

Video Mission Update: 56 / 728 hours = 7.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment