Friday, March 23, 2012

Of Wings and Men

(March 9)

To celebrate a week of production software deployment requests, I decided to try out some man fare from Hudson Roast Beef and Wing.  Ordered three types of wings: Zesty Orange, Thai Sweet, and Hot Buffalo.  Very decent chicken; though the sauces didn't jump out at me.  The orange tasted sweet, but not enough like orange.  The Hot Buffalo was not as hot as I can tolerate, so next time I should certainly go with the Super Hot Buffalo!

One reviewer on the Yelp page for this restaurant talked about problems requesting apparently an order of mild buffalo wings with "no spice" and then being surprised that they apparently were not made to their definition of "no spice."  Let me explain something fundamental about Buffalo wings, my friends.  They are designed, by definition, to register somewhere well north of zero on the Scoville scale.  They are made with a sauce that comes from chili peppers.  The spiciness can range from mild, which should merely tickle the palate, all the way to atomic levels that some establishments will make you sign a waiver before you are served.  Check out this sauce heat scale!

If you are really looking for "no spice", choose one of the many other non-Buffalo sauces that Hudson Roast Beef and Wing offers.  Another bit of timely advice, you probably also want to stay away from the sauce called "Saigon Sizzle."

Wings are very high on the list of foods that I'll miss when the world is gone.  So, what's my personal favorite wing sauce?  In my vast lifetime wings experience, I'd have to go with sriracha, with some honey and lime.  Here's a great recipe.  Enjoy!



Drops from My 2012 Bucket: Mar. 9, 287 days remaining


And the Children Shall Lead  (Brats on the Enterprise.)


Video Mission Update: 60 / 728 hours = 8.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment