Sunday, March 18, 2012

Brazilian Pizza

(March 4)

When I first moved to Marlborough more than 10 years ago, I quickly noticed the choice of languages on ATMs and in supermarket checkout lines was English and Portuguese -- a large Brazilian community in the area.  But I never really took advantage of Brazilian eateries in town until last year, when we sampled a buffet called "Beef Grill", that unfortunately has since closed.  I found out from the owner that evening that the economic downturn had forced about 40% of the Brazilian community to go back home for work.

Fortunately, there are still a number of restaurants that serve Brazilian fare, and we'll just have to see how many of them I get to in 2012!  Today, I got to try Brazilian style pizza from Superior Pie on Main Street.  Their super-deluxe pizza includes ham, linguica, and other pork products, so I had to skip that one, but I went with a pie where ham was the only meat and replaced that with ground beef.  Other toppings:  sliced hard-boiled egg, green olive, artichoke, corn, oregano, and others.  A very different pizza experience for me -- and very tasty.  I enjoyed it with a side of yucca fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment