Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Final Boston Marathon

(April 16)

Runners sweated it out in the near-90 degree weather today for the very last Boston Marathon.  Which makes it official that I will never run in one of those!

I did have a scheduled run today, but could only muster up a couple of miles.  The heat was a factor, but I'm sure the 10 hour drive the day before didn't help things.  A woman and I took turns passing each other on the rail trail.  I would pass her when she stopped to do a set of push-ups every quarter mile or so;  I like that workout strategy -- I think she's getting in shape for the apocalypse!

Question of the day:  what do you do when you can't choose between trying the Honeydew Donuts Monte Cristo Sandwich, or Dunkin Donuts Artisan Bagels?  You try both, of course!  The world's not getting any younger, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment